Q: What do you do?
A: Conceptualize, design, and build things. Handle any or all aspects of bringing projects to life, and realization.
Q: What sort of materials/mediums do you work with?
A: A vast array of materials and mediums have been successfully empoloyed in the past and opportunities to explore new ones are eagerly welcomed. Past experiences include:
- Wood (various milled, live edge, and live face)
- Metals (primarily steel – plasma cut, torch, weld, braze, et cetra)
- Sheet metals (stamp, bend, waterjet cut, plasma cut, et cetra)
- Glass (sheet, cut, blown, cast, etched)
- Paints and finishes
- Computer hardware/software design and interfacing
- Networking and mobile device interfacing
- Low, high, and ultra high pressure flammable gasses
Q: What sort of projects do you take on?
A: Some past projects include:
- Custom furniture in various forms and materials
- Musical instrument manufacturing process development
- Computer automated industrial equipment development
- Biological field test equipment development
- Large scale fire art installation design and implementation
- Control, interface, and networking communication systems for wireless multi-user interactive flame effects
- Geodesic structures in both steel and timber
- Space frame based architectural installations
- Tensigrity based architectural installations
- Residential and commercial construction
- Various educational workshops
Criteria for taking on projects vary wildy from case to case. If you have an idea that is unique, sparks interest, is challenging and/or multidisciplinary, particularly if you want to build something with an artistic bent or, even better, simply for the sake of art… Get in touch.